- Symptoms of blepharitis
- treatment of blepharitis
- Folk remedies treat
blepharitis called large group of diseases, the characteristic feature of which is an inflammation of the eyelid edge.Pathology is prone to relapse, it is chronic, leading to reduced efficiency, exhausting the patient.
its causes are diverse , in many cases they are not even related to the eyes.Blepharitis could be the consequence of other, much more serious diseases.Inflammation also develops on the background of reduced immunity.
Depending on the causes of the occurrence and form are several varieties of blepharitis: scaly;allergic;chronic;meybomievy;tick;seborrheic;Ulcerative.
According to another classification, division into groups is carried out according to the localization of the inflammatory process.In this release:
- front boundary blepharitis, in which the inflammation extends only to the edge of the eyelid at the lash line;
- rear edge also covers blepharitis meibomian gland that may as the disease cause pathological changes in the conjunctiva or cornea;
- angular, or angular - pathological process is localized in the corners of the eye slit.
Symptoms of blepharitis
simtomov Common diseases are:
- foreign body sensation;
- burning sensation;
- dry eyes;
- swelling of the affected century;
- temperature rise;
- wearing contact lenses leads to increased irritation and feelings of discomfort occurrence, in some cases, may develop ulcers;
- gluing eyelashes;
- formation of plaque on the eyelid;
- increased lacrimation;
- yellow or greenish discharge - appear mostly in the morning and typical for infectious blepharitis.
clinical picture of the disease may to some extent vary depending on the particular species
Symptoms of squamous blepharitis
- Skin roots of eyelashes covered with small scales of gray-brown in appearance resembling dandruff and firmly attached and skin.
- At the edge of the century there is thickening and redness, aggravated by stress or eye irritation.
- After removing the scales significantly thinned exposed red skin, in severe cases of erosion and ulcers.
- In some cases, a thin yellowish crust.
- Itching, worse in vecherneee time.
- Increased sensitivity to external stimuli: bright light, wind, heat, dust, etc.
- Rapid eye fatigue, particular when working under artificial lighting.
This form develops as a result of influence on the eyelids of certain allergens.These may be skin-care products, perfumes, cosmetics, contact with chemical irritants, pollen, dust, and so the usual
Symptoms of allergic diseases varieties:
- redness and severe irritation of the century;
- strong itching;
- increased tear production;
- sensitivity to bright light, sun, wind, etc .;
- skin peeling from the edge of the eyelashes;
- darkening age, called allergic bruise (in most cases occurs in children, but can occur in adults);
- generally affects both eyes;
- worsening manifestations observed during the flowering trees and grasses.
for this peculiar form of long duration and occurrence of relapses.Basically, the disease provokes Staphylococcus aureus.The main symptoms of the chronic form of blepharitis are:
- deterioration of general well-being;
- decreased performance;
- infringement of visual function - in particular, suffer from the clarity of vision.
Symptoms of this species differ significantly from other forms:
- lash line or the upper part of the century, covered with small translucent bubbles that appear as a result of inflammation in the meibomian glands;
- removal of bubbles can lead to a point in their place small scars, although in some cases, no trace remains;
- observed redness and thickening of the edge of the eyelid;
- visually eyelids become shiny, as if oiled;
- pressure on the cartilage leads to the release of oily secretions;
- marked increased lacrimation and maceration (swelling as a result of impregnation liquid skin).
Tick (Demodectic) blepharitis
This form develops as a result of the defeat of mite Demodex, which develops due to inflammation.In some cases, the disease may be asymptomatic.If you notice any signs of them are as follows:
- no peeling and scales;
- itching and discomfort in the century;
- slight hyperemia of ciliary edge of the eyelid;
- redness of the skin;
- presence greasy plaque at the roots of eyelashes;
- mite is found on the edge of the eyelids or eyelashes on the grounds;
- parasite can lead to conjunctivitis.
When seborrheic form of the disease can be observed following clinical picture:
- eyelids are covered with dry exfoliated skin pieces;
- scales firmly attached to the skin;
- they are found even on the eyebrows and scalp;
- removal of scales does not damage the skin and bleeding;
- edge eyelids covered with yellowish crusts, which are formed as a result of the drying substance excreted by the sebaceous glands;
- increased tear production;
- redness and thickening of the affected century;
- if untreated, the swelling increased to such an extent that the eyelids are no longer adjacent to the eyeball;
- with prolonged duration of disease eyelashes may fall out (alopecia develops partial);
- observed in severe forms of ectropion;
- spread of the inflammatory process in the conjunctiva leads to the development blepharoconjunctivitis.
This type is the most severe.It is characterized by the following features:
- redness and swelling of the eyelids;
- formation of yellowish and brownish bumps, tightly attached to the skin at the roots of eyelashes;
- gluing eyelashes;
- development of pustules;
- formation of bleeding ulcers;
- small ulcers may coalesce and form an ulcer surface at the edge of the century;
- attempt to remove bumps leads to tearing them with the lash;
- lashes fall out, as well as scarring;
- there is inflammation of the hair follicles;
- eyes get tired quickly;
- patients are in a state of nervous tension.
treatment of blepharitis
treatment of blepharitis long.It is held in a complex and involves the use of medications and conduct daily hygiene.In the treatment of blepharitis is taken into account the etiology of the disease and its specific kind.Inflammation of the area treated with drugs.
When bacterial form apply tetracycline ointment to the eye.
If demodectic blepharitis use blefarogel №2.
When allergic origin and scaly form pathology effective hydrocortisone ointment.
also recommended the use of antiseptics : miramistina, calendula solution.
From eye drops are the most popular, makritrol, tobradeks other means that provide anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect.If
difficult removal of secretion from glands, can be carried out therapeutic massage century.
to improve blood circulation in the eye area recommended the use of physiotherapy devices.Excellent results can be achieved when applying Points Sidorenko .Their action is based on Pneumomassage, stimulates microcirculation and regeneration processes in the affected area.
to strengthen immunity prescribe vitamin and mineral preparations .He has proven "Lutein complex" (vitamins for the eyes).
If blepharitis is a consequence of other diseases, simultaneously with the removal of his symptoms should be treated with the basic pathology.to the content ↑
Folk remedies treat
- tablespoon of dill (fresh or dry) to make a glass of boiled water, about an hour.After straining tool used for lotions.
- Gather clover blossoms, cut into small pieces, using gauze to squeeze the juice from them.Used as eye drops once daily (bury 3 drops).
- three times a day to lubricate the affected eyelids rose oil.Rose petals can be used for brewing tea (a teaspoon of dried petals per 200 ml of boiling water).
- Brew strong black and green tea, mixed in a ratio of 1: 1, add a teaspoon of grape (dry) wine.Use eyewash.