- treatment of migraine drugs
- Treatment of migraine folk remedies
Everyone has experienced the attacks of migraine knows how they are unbearably painful as depriving normal operation for a period of from several hours to several daysthen disappearing for a long time, then emerged again, and reminding me of themselves at times by 4-7 times in the last month.
Migraine - a neurological disease associated with impaired self-control of the body, due to which the blood vessels that feed the brain, under the influence of various factors after spasms and narrowing quite sharply and evenly expand and affect the surrounding nerve cells, causing ill attacks sharply,exhausting and throbbing headache.
typical and most common sign of a migraine - the localization of the pain in any part of the head , that sets it apart from the headaches of a different nature.Along with painful sensations arise fear of bright light, phonophobia, intolerance distinct smells, reinforcing surge
attack may be accompanied by so-called "aura» - blurred and blurred vision, feeling of "haze" in the eyes, alternating with "flashes" of light, floating appearance of "spots" of various size and shape of the field of view.
Concerning the origin of these processes, causing another attack, there is no consensus among physicians.Various hypotheses confirmed by clinical studies linking migraine susceptibility to hereditary predisposition (passed as a rule, on the "distaff side"), fluctuations in hormonal levels in women, the elaboration of the body's serotonin, a specific reaction to stress, increased activity in the brain department of the hypothalamus, and so on.d.
Since migraine attacks overtake mostly quite young and working-age population (typically 16 to 40 years), you must fight them with all means available, it does not only eliminate the pain, but also the most influencing its causes.to the content ↑
treatment of migraine drugs
treatment of migraine should be appointed by a qualified neurologist and usually includes a set of medicinal and non-medicinal means, physiotherapy, massage and self-massage, as well as recommendations for the normalization of conditions, and sleep and food, adequate stayin the open air, taking vitamins, etc.
When selecting protivomigrenoznyh funds should take into account several factors - level attacks severity, their duration, the set of associated symptoms, as well as successful experience in the treatment of previous attacks in the patient (if any) as the therapeutic effect the relief of pain from the use of anydrug for each patient is different.
usually recommended stepwise treatment of migraine "from simple - to difficult", when in the absence of the effect of the following drugs to any one of the group are replaced by combined or combined with other drugs groups.
should use medications proven to be effective and fast If you have migraine.
primarily for pain prescribers that have analgesic properties (group of analgesics) , - acetaminophen, kafergot, aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), paracetamol, analgin.Remove the spasm of cerebral vessels, especially manifested in the migraine aura, help spazmalitiki such as papaverine.Successfully
help eliminate pain NSAIDs also - Nurofen (ibuprofen), diclofenac, indomethacin, naproxen, ketoprofen, ketorolac.
When nausea and vomiting that accompany migraines, can be effective tsitramon as it contains aspirin, paracetamol and caffeine, which accelerates their absorption in the gastrointestinal tract and has a tonic effect on the brain vessels.When such symptoms are also effective anesthetics in the form of suppositories, as well as the recommended intake of antiemetics (motilium, Reglan), etc.
To treat very severe pain attacks in migraine actively apply also with respect to the "new" drugs triptanovoy group -eletriptan (relpaks), sumatriptan (Imigran), zolmitriptan (Zomig).They are able to have a lasting impact on the disease, putting on excessively dilated brain vessels narrowing effect and eliminating the throbbing pain, as well as acting on the receptors of the trigeminal nerve and thereby reducing its sensitivity to pain.Sumatriptan apart ingestion may be introduced into the body nasally (spray), intramuscular, and, in the latter case, its operation will be more efficient.It is noted that this group of drugs taken in the event of seizure precursor - migraine aura, will not have a therapeutic effect, as they should be taken only when the pain symptoms.
However, the clinical use of this group of drugs is still poorly understood, and it is believed that their long-term use (more than 9 times per month) may have a "reverse" the impact and increase the frequency of seizures.
also established that the painful attacks of migraine can be stopped more effectively if we combine both drugs from the group of triptans with NSAIDs.
similar triptans, but usually weaker effect on pain medications may have ergot - kofetamin, digidergot, dihydroergotamine.
In the treatment are also prescribed sedatives, antidepressants, head massage, as well as vitamin-mineral complexes containing vitamin B and magnesium.
Further recommendations for the prevention of new episodes in addition to the universal - calm, normal sleep, fresh air, - individual and usually aimed at the study and elimination of the factors that provoke migraine attacks in each patient.to the content ↑
Treatment folk remedies migraine
for treatment of seizures, there a variety of folk remedies, many of which can really help.Here are some of them.
- cup of coffee or tea.
- Rubbing his temples mint oil, menthol pencil, balm "asterisk", applying any ice cubes can also relieve pain.With the same purpose, you can use lemon slices, putting them on the whiskey and making quite a tight bandage.Several recipes of traditional medicine recommend applying lemon in addition to the head cut an onion in half.
- hot foot bath can serve as a good "distraction" means as cause a surge of blood to the legs, and the head will be easier.
- Mint broth, tea with mint, inhalation of essential oils of mint and eucalyptus can also ease migraine.
- simplest head massage - pressing the "point" in the temporal fossa, in the middle of the forehead, rubbing the brow and then - from the forehead to the back of the head to the pits at the base of the skull helps to normalize blood circulation and defeat the attack.
- It is also recommended to the patient side of the head to put a pillow filled with herbs (bay leaf, laurel, eucalyptus).
- can attach to the head freshly picked leaves mother and stepmother, and thyme, perhaps it will make the pain quietly.
Traditional medicine also recommends migraine prepare teas and infusions following herbs:
- Infusion of Hypericum perforatum - 1, 5 teaspoons of dried herb per cup of water, strain and drink 3 times a day for 1 /3 cups;
- Chamomile tea (1 tablespoon per cup of water), as used 4-5 times a day, helps eliminate painful symptoms;
- mixture of lemon balm, motherwort, verbena, letters, leaves, mistletoe and acacia flowers, clover, calendula and hawthorn, taken in equal parts, brewed by 1.5 tablespoon per cup of boiling water, "then" 10-15minutes to "water bath" and take 1/3 cup 3 times a day;
- mixture of primrose spring, clover and crushed valerian root measure in equal parts, to brew, to withstand 10 minutes in the "water bath" and use the inside of ¼ cup 3 times a day;
- similarly welded and received a mixture of knotweed, mint and St. John's wort;
- Lavender, rosemary, primrose, mint and valerian root - 1 teaspoon per 200 ml of water, drink 2 cups a day.
In addition to these there are still a large number of herbal recipes, but rather to use them, in consultation with a specialist in medicinal herbs and familiarized with the existing contraindications.
In conclusion, again recall that completely defeat migraine with the help of all the above funds can only be changing the way of life for a healthy, eliminating as much as possible all that provokes this disease is your situation (smoking, eating certain foods, stress, congestion, lack ofor an overabundance of sleep, etc.).Only under this condition, the treatment can be really effective.