- Causes external hydrocephalus
- Diagnostics replacement intracranial outer hypertension
- Treatment replacement intracranial outer hypertension
diseases of the central nervous system in a modern society are becoming a real problem of patients suffering from these diseases, and doctors who have to appointtreatment.Very often, an inflammatory disease of the CNS, its injuries and malformations, pathological changes that affect blood vessels and venous, accompanied by the appearance of the outer replacement brain hydrocephalus.
essence of this syndrome is , that in the central structures of the nervous system is disturbed the delicate balance between the production of cerebrospinal fluid and its reuptake.The volume of cerebrospinal fluid increases, which leads to the fact that it builds up in the cranial cavity - in the spaces located between the membranes of the brain and its substance.
much rarer cause of outer replacement hydrocephalus are inflammatory processes, the outcome of which interferes with the normal circulation of cerebrospinal fluid in the spaces located around the brain - its production is not increased, but formed a local stagnation (mostly - on the background of suffering a serous or purulent meningitis)
important to understand that the space enclosed in the cranial cavity, has a final volume of - increasing the number of cerebrospinal fluid inevitably leads to the fact that there is external compression (compression) of the brain.As a result, the number of cells of the nervous tissue (different structures of the central nervous system) progressively decreases, and becomes the cause of the characteristic symptoms of this condition, which causes the patient to seek professional medical help.
other forms of hydrocephalus - internal read the article http: // lechimsya-prosto.ru / vnutrennyaya-gidrocefaliya-golovnogo-mozga.
brain Hydrocephalus in adults often goes with mental disabilities.
Causes external hydrocephalus
main mechanism explaining the development of the outer replacement hydrocephalus, experts believe an imbalance between the formation of cerebrospinal fluid (its products can be increased against the background of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases of the brain and their complications) and suction, which breaks down as a result of inflammatory processesaffecting brain substance and its sheath.
most common causes of hydrocephalus outer replacement in patients of different ages are:
- children in the neonatal period and early childhood - intrauterine hypoxia and infection of the nervous system, transferred before birth or in the first months of life;
- in children of preschool and school age children, adolescents and adults - nervous system infections, exogenous and endogenous intoxication, violation of the metabolic processes in the body, brain injury (including old);
- in elderly patients - age-related changes in blood vessels and diffuse metabolic disorders in the body (common forms of atherosclerosis).
It must be remembered that the effective treatment of this condition, you need to restore the normal state of health, is possible only after the establishment of the true causes of disease and destination etiotrop treatment (therapy, acting on the cause).Otherwise the appointment of symptomatic treatment is to improve the patient's condition is only a very short period of time and symptoms of hydrocephalus outdoor substitution will appear again and again.
Despite the fact that for this form of hydrocephalus, benign and bright clinical picture develops in the later stages, the prognosis remains poor - the amount of cerebrospinal fluid within the skull may not exceed a certain limit beyond which begins compression of the brain itself.However, in this embodiment, the disease is never significant increase in blood pressure (if no associated pathologies, which can be complicated by hypertension).to the content ↑
Diagnostics replacement of intracranial hypertension outer
patient survey program with this disease must include:
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- computed tomography;
- angiography of brain vessels, vertebral and carotid arteries;
- skull radiography in two projections;
- brain neurosonography - this method of research can be used in children up to the closing of the fontanelles of the skull);
- serological blood tests to identify the true causes of disease (infection of the pathogen, which may affect the brain) - syphilis, toxoplasmosis, herpes virus, rubella and cytomegalovirus.
Treatment replacement intracranial outer hypertension
this state program of therapy should be directed to:
- eliminate the cause of the disease (if possible)
- eliminate hypertension symptoms with conservative methods - appointed diuretics that can affect the production of cerebrospinal fluid (diakarb), vascular and trophic agents;
- elimination of operational methods of hypertension symptoms - carrying out spinal tap, bypass shell spaces of the brain by means of conventional and endoscopic neurosurgery.
appearance of the first signs of deterioration (headache, sleep disturbances, behavior changes) should alert the patient and make him seek medical attention - it must be remembered that the neurons in the brain is very sensitive to the outside and have very little ability torecovery.