- Types of uterine fibroids
- Symptoms of uterine fibroids
- Causes uterine fibroids
- Diagnosis and treatment of uterine fibroids
One of the most common benign tumors of the uterus is fibroids.According to the frequency of occurrence this disease continues to occupy a leading position among all gynecological pathology.According to statistics such neoplasms over a lifetime are found in more than 28% of women.Among patients dominated by women over the age of 30 years.
Types of uterine fibroids
There are several types of this tumor, depending on the type of fabric, from which it derives.Uterine fibroids called tumor that originates from the muscular layer of the body wall.Moreover, if the tumor develops mainly of smooth muscle component, talk about uterine leiomyoma.In the case where the connective tissue in the uterine prevails, it is called fibroid disease.
addition fibroids are classified depending on the characteristics of growth.On this basis the following types of tumors:
- subserous fibroids - develops from the outer layer of the uterine wall.Such neoplasms are located virtually no body cavity, but outside it.They are characterized by growth in the direction of the abdominal cavity.That is why the presence of fibroids subserous rarely affects the character of the menstrual function.It is only reaching an impressive size of such tumors lead to the appearance of clinical symptoms and make a woman see a doctor;
- intramural fibroids - this kind of tumor is the most common.In this case, the tumor originates from the middle muscular layer of the uterine wall.With this pathological process appears typical clinical symptoms;
- submucous or submucosa - this is one of the least common uterine fibroids.This tumor develops a thin mucosa of the inner layer of the uterine wall.That is why submucosal fibroids gives the most pronounced clinical symptoms.In this case, fibroids can be quite long leg, which allow them to fall into the cervix or even vagina cavity.In these situations, clinicians speak of "born" of the tumor site.
Depending on the number of tumor nodules isolated single and multiple fibroids.Clinical features allow us to classify tumors at the asymptomatic myoma and proceeding with the characteristic symptoms.
Symptoms of uterine fibroids
fibroids clinical picture is composed of the following characteristics:
- heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding (gipermenstrualny syndrome);
- appearance acyclic uterine bleeding;
- development against the background of excessive blood loss anemia;
- whiter appearance liquid brownish color with an unpleasant odor;
- abdominal pain, occurring usually during menstruation and wearing cramping in nature;
- back pain, lower limbs;
- pain during intercourse;
- feeling of pressure and weight in the abdomen;
- dysfunction of the urinary system with the development of dizuricheskih disorders, pyelonephritis, hydronephrosis;
- intestinal disorders accompanied by constipation;
- limfottoka delay the appearance of signs lifmostaza lower extremities;
- sharp abdominal pain may occur in violation of myoma node power, compression of nerve fibers, torsion legs neoplasms.
also in women with fibroids often there are problems with conception, leading to infertility.If, however, against the background of pregnancy tumor is still developing, there is a high risk of miscarriage.to the content ↑
Causes of uterine fibroids fibroids
polyetiological is a disease, a role which can be played in the following risk factors for development:
- hormonal imbalance;
- inflammatory pathology of the female reproductive organs;
- use intrauterine contraception, such as spirals;
- complicated during childbirth;
- perform abortions;
- disease of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, organs of the hypothalamic-pituitary system.
fibroids is a hormone-dependent tumor, as evidenced by the following facts are:
- tissue tumor found receptors for sex hormones;
- usually after menopause and a sharp decline the level of sex hormones, tumors regress;
- fibroids often appears in women of reproductive age in the body that are experiencing high levels of estrogen;
- fibroids after menopause may occur in women who are taking drugs estrogensoderzhaschie.
Diagnosis and treatment of uterine fibroids
in detecting myoma following studies can be informative:
- bimanual pelvic examination of the uterus - allows the gynecologist to detect nodular seal on the wall of the uterus, to determine its approximate size and condition of the other organs of the reproductive system;
- hysterography - is radiopaque study provides an opportunity to visualize the contours of the tumor;
- US - pelvic exam is aimed at determining the size and location of the fibroids features;
- CT and MRI - used to conduct differential diagnosis between myoma and uterine malignancies;
- hysteroscopy - held on the testimony and often aimed at obtaining samples of tumor tissue;
- diagnostic curettage - in some cases it may be informative in the differential diagnosis of fibroids.
treatment of uterine fibroids can be both conservative and radical.
Conservative treatment may include the following:
- diet correction to correct metabolic disorders;
- elimination of violations of the hormonal status by assigning gestagensoderzhaschih drugs, gonadotropin releasing hormone, oral contraceptives;
- physiotherapy treatment using such procedures as electrophoresis, ultrasound.
indications for surgical treatment are the following states:
- • cervical fibroids form;
- • an increase in tumor size to large;
- • chronic gipermenstrualny syndrome;
- • impaired function of adjacent organs;
- • infertility;
- • necrosis of myoma node.
Learn more about surgery to remove uterine fibroids.
modern methods of treatment of uterine fibroids is uterine artery embolization and.This endovascular surgery, which is performed without the need for large incisions and long hospital stays.Equally effective is the technique of FUS ablation of fibroids, is to destroy the tumor site focused ultrasound rays.
Early detection and timely treatment of disease is the key to staying healthy women with fibroid development.