Cough may occur when a heavy load on the larynx or trachea (it can be a strong physical exercise with improper breathing, prolonged loud talking or shouting).It may be recovering from a cold, or it may be a symptom of an upper respiratory tract infection.
Cough can be:
- dry and wet, it depends on whether there is mucus in the throat,
- paroxysmal (the manifestation pertussis),
- continuous and short (as shown pleurisy),
- barking (in hysteria and larynx),
- periodic (with bronchitis),
- husky (if the vocal cords are inflamed).
- allergic (easily detected, if there are no other signs of disease).With so cough should not be delayed, and you need to find the cause of the allergy as soon as possible, otherwise you can make asthma.
- cough may start suddenly (got a foreign body)
Read in addition other articles of cough:
- wet (wet) cough in children,
- Dry cough in children,
- bouts of coughing in a child (thatdo),
- Prolonged cough (over a month),
- methods for preparing milk cough
do I need to use antibiotics for coughs?
If you have mechanical damage to the throat or a viral infection, antibiotics are useless.On the other hand, may be harmful to your health, which can be expressed in violation of the microflora of the body, the liver and kidneys, cause goiter, an allergic reaction or cause a weakening of the immune system. Therefore, it is important to diagnose the cause of the cough, and better do it in the clinic.
Antibiotics prescribed for:
- acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia
- tracheitis and other bacterial diseases.
If the cough is a sign of one of the above written conditions, the more effective the treatment will be the use of medications for cough, expectoration of sputum that will improve and reduce the cough reflex.
choice of antibiotic
- aminopenicillin - destroy the components of the walls of bacteria and contributes to the death of bacteria.Most often, this group is prescribed amoxicillin.For his reception there are a number of contraindications: pregnancy, breastfeeding, kidney disease, gastrointestinal disease, intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Tetracyclines - inhibit the synthesis of proteins.Typically prescribed doxycycline.Contraindications: breastfeeding, the third trimester of pregnancy can not be used in children under 8 years old, in case of problems with the liver;
- Macrolides .Doctors often prescribe azithromycin (Contraindications: problems with the liver and kidneys, pregnancy and lactation, intolerance of components) or roksitrometsin (Contraindications: impaired liver function, drug intolerance);
- Fluoroquinolones - disrupt the creation of disease-causing organisms.Typically prescribed levofloxacin (contra-indications: epilepsy, allergy to the drug, infancy, pregnancy and breastfeeding) or moxifloxacin (Contraindications: intolerance to drugs, pregnancy, child, breast-feeding).
For each patient, the doctor prescribes a medication reception rate.
Antibiotics, which may appoint a doctor
Broncho-Vakson (children and adults), ambrogeksal, Azitroks, Augmentin, Bioparox, Grammidin, Ingalipt, Klatsid, Lasolvan, Levofloxacin, Macropen, Rulid, Sumamed, Supraks, Tavanic, teopeka, Fromilid, Amiksin, Hemomitsin.
how to properly take antibiotics
- Treatment 7-10 days.
- Compliance precise period of time.This should be done so that the drug concentration in the blood all the time maintained at the same level.
- If the use of antibiotics for more than two days is no improvement, then the drug has no effect on treating the body and must be replaced.
- After improvement, after 2-3 days, treatment should be continued for as long as prescribed by a doctor, otherwise there is a risk not recovered disease.
Do not attempt to treat the child.Only a doctor can prescribe the right treatment program. Together with antibiotics child doctor prescribes a course of an anti-histamine, and after the end of treatment appointed dysbiosis prevention course (usually prescribe "Hilak forte").
Before the appointment of certain antibiotics it is necessary to conduct an analysis of sputum and absence of allergic reactions to antibiotics.In any antibiotic is necessary to carry out a skin test, and only in the absence of an allergic reaction, it can be administered to the child.Do not pay attention to the results, which were held earlier, because allergies can be congenital or may be acquired.
If the child gets worse, you should immediately contact the pediatrician.
At home, you can relieve cough using:
- inhalations with essential oils of eucalyptus and mint;
- solution of baking soda and rinse their throats;
- Lugol who need to lubricate the throat;
- sea buckthorn oil, which need to rinse and lubricate the throat.
During treatment it is necessary to use as much of the liquid, which improves the expectoration of sputum and removes toxins from the body, which helps in the healing process.
If there is no possibility to conduct analysis of sputum, patients are discharged broad-spectrum antibiotics (often in such cases, prescribe or flemoklav Amoxil).After treatment, the patient is required to prescribe drugs that help restore the body's natural microflora.